-->

Family that doubles together, gets rich together


The Family Doubler (Double) Fund blog is the Leskowitz Family written progress of doubling to $1 million from one penny. Our method is primarily based upon the Doubling Method outline in "How to Double Your Way to a 1 Million in 28 Steps". Please join us in our journey to riches or at least to fun.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

December 15th, 2011. (Day 21): Step Twelve, Thirteen & Fourteen

Step Twelve: $10.00 - $20.00
Step Thirteen: $20.00 - $40.00
Step Fourteen: $40.00 - $80.00
Stake coming into this Step: $16.80
Today, was one of the top ten happy days of my life.  I beat the old best day.  I have a new best day.  Again, I have to break this post up since funds we coming in from all directions.
Quiet Morning & Lunch

It is interesting to learn that there is loose money everywhere.  This morning walking down the parking ramp I see a penny ($0.01) in the middle of the ramp.  What is that all about - how did that get there?  I braved my life and walked over to pick it up.  The parking lot is a raceway.  I earned that one.

Then walking to the work, I saw a penny ($0.01) in the entrance to the building in the underground.  Tails up does not scare me.  At lunch, I had the trifecta, while in line, I saw a penny ($0.01) on the ground.  I was so happy that I took a picture of it. 
I will try to this more going forward.  The guy who I was with was in front of me told the owner to keep the change.  He dropped it in the tip jar.  The irony is there was a on the way back from lunch there was a handicap lady asking for change and he did not offer her any money.  I do not think the owner of Rajun Cajun needs the loose change as much as she does. 

Who knew cleaning can be so much fun
At the end of the day after gorging on the Christmas food from the company party,  I sat in my office feeling like a stuffed turkey.  I went out to talk to Tracy to finalize her performance review (not there by the way) and coming back I went to drop the bad new to my boss that all the drawers had to be cleaned out for the move.  (Mario has a bad habit of breaking bones like wrists so moving anything is hard for him).  He, like me, picked up the phone to confirm the rumor.   No answer, I left chucking knowing the one armed bandit was screwed.

Returning to my desk, he called to me to help him.   I just finished a project up and the day was over so why not.  I helped him clean and we were PILING loose change into a cord bag.  He told me to take a handful of coins out for helping him.  Being fair, I closed my eyes and pulled out the money.  I counted over $10.  He came by later and asked what I netted in the BofA, I told him $12 which he then returned another $2 to beat Mike. 

Going back to work, he called me again.  He wanted to gamble with me on the guessing how much change was in the cord bag.  No way would I risk my stake.  Gambling is not allowed.  We counted it anyway and determined it was roughly $100.  Either feeling generous or not wanting to deal with the pennies, he gave them to me.  I took them.  I counted $9.69 in pennies alone.  In total I netted ($22.69)

Now, I return back to my desk.  I soon get a call from Mike and says  "Come get my change."  Having no shame, I said "I will come with a smile."  Mario was there urging him to give me money (the best boss ever).  I happily took the change.  I counted ($10.25) tonight.  Great guys.  Though I consider the money a fee for my entertainment, not charity. 

Thank you wheel chair people
At dinner before punishing the two oldest for bickering, Will said he found ($.27).  He found two cents at school near the office.  The quarter he found while going to Space Center Houston.  He saw it near the wheel chair line coming into the building.  Breaking the rules, he went over to get it.  Money trumps school rules.  I figure it was dropped my a person in a wheel chair, probably the same lady begging at the corner after lunch. Today's findings below"

Grand Total: $50.04

No comments:

Post a Comment