-->

Family that doubles together, gets rich together


The Family Doubler (Double) Fund blog is the Leskowitz Family written progress of doubling to $1 million from one penny. Our method is primarily based upon the Doubling Method outline in "How to Double Your Way to a 1 Million in 28 Steps". Please join us in our journey to riches or at least to fun.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December 14th, 2011. (Day 20): Step Eleven & Twelve

Step Eleven: $5.16 - $10.00
Step Twelve: $10.00 - $20.00
Stake coming into this Step: $6.14

 
December 14th, 2011. (Day 20)
 The best day of the challenge to date (in terms of money added not % increase).  I have to break this post up since funds we coming in from all directions.
 
The Lost Dime 
A few days ago, I mentioned that Faith found a dime.  Well guess what, she gave it to me.  For the record, I did not add it to the stake so I am not double dipping. ($0.10). 
 
Cup O Pennies
Read the whole passage before you pass judgement.  My floor is moving to a different floor on Friday.  In the process, people are packing.   I saw a coffee cup sitting on an empty desk (from a laid off coworker) and claimed it for myself (fair game in the world of layoffs).  There is a story behind the mug that involves Freddy shattering my old Starbucks mug and the gift of a Vendi size mug that is simply too damn big. 
 
Now, the delima begins.  Is the loose change ($1.27) fair game?  I consulted my friend Freddy and he said no.  I thought "The person left it there because he has issues against Honest Abe, so it is okay to take."  But I could take it.  Being a CPA has its downsides.  Disappoint, I left it there, passing it everyday longing it.  Today, however, I consulted to the head of building operations and proposed the question to him.  He said that it was free to take and my friends was good enough for me.
 
BofA
After my success (lunch time), I went to see a friend to gloat.  I told him my findings.  He made the mistake to tell me that there was a pile of change in Andy's old desk.  He had a similar delima and could not take it (by the way, he wanted me to proposed the question to Ethics).  
 
So I emailed Andy to ask him.  He said techinally "BofA" (name of the change drawer)  was not his and the rightful owner was Mike.  Mike sits by me so I wandered over and asked him.  He said yes, on one condition.  He wanted to know how much was in the desk.  Well, Mike, thank you for the ($8.75)!! I just doubled.  Mike gave me penny before I left ($0.01) as a added bonus.  I am not ashamed to take pennies.
 
Raining money
I went to claim my stake which now sits behind David.  He heard that I was coming.  I emailed Gloria (guard of BofA) to give her notice that I was coming.   We chatted about power plants and my doubling game.  He pitched in ($0.53) in loose change.  Thanks David.
 
Tonight, I counted up everything and netted $16.80.   I am busting over the seams with pennies that I am adding a new rule exception #4.  "Pennies can be traded up"
 
Grand Total: $16.80

No comments:

Post a Comment