-->

Family that doubles together, gets rich together


The Family Doubler (Double) Fund blog is the Leskowitz Family written progress of doubling to $1 million from one penny. Our method is primarily based upon the Doubling Method outline in "How to Double Your Way to a 1 Million in 28 Steps". Please join us in our journey to riches or at least to fun.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Step Seven and Eight

Step Seven: $0.32 - $0.64
Step Eight: $0.64 - $1.28

Stake coming into this Step: $0.63



November 26th, 2011. (Day 2)
 Keeping to the rules of the game of working on the step you are on, I had to get off step 7.  I am one penny short.  I went over to my neighbors house to invite him to Thanksgiving lunch and while there I found myself looking for a penny.  I was going to ask for it if I found one; but to my dismay no such luck.   He was putting in floors so the odds of finding a penny was pretty slim.  I did not have the courage to ask him for one.  I am not committed yet.  

But my luck changed.  Michele needed something from the Big Store so I knew I would clean up again.  So I gathered Faith and my brother-in-law (who I converted as a doubler) to join the hunt.  (Paul C found 3 cents in my screen room while helping my clean.  I let him have it.  I figured adding it to my stake would break the rules and he was cheap labor.)

At the Big Store, I ran in to Gerald, who works in the hardware section.  He gave me a penny ($0.01) after my "story".  I figured a penny in the hand is better than two on the floor.  Thank you Gerald.  You made history but sorry you can't have it back when I become a millionaire.  Leaving, Faith looked around the registers but came up empty handed; but, while Paul C was checking out I noticed behind an empty register something shiny ... dimish.  Faith bent down and picked up a dime ($0.10) and then a penny ($0.01).  Score!  The cashier said there was a penny there too which Paul C noticed and Faith picked it up for him reluctantly.  He technically noticed it.  He is up to a new step himself, but I will let him blog his own story.

Grand Total: $0.75

1 comment:

  1. Henry is installing the floors in his house. It has been a while since I have been down there. Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving.

    You are well on your way, remember the most important of all rules...keep your doubler money completely separate from your other funds. This way when the money becomes substantial and an investment arises that may be risky but worth the return, you'll never think or say "I can't take the risk", because the doubler funds all started from a found penny and you don't count on them.

    I may try this approach and cheat like hell.

    ReplyDelete